Summary: Information about the FCFCG website, how you can change it and how this site is built:
You can change the size of the text on this site in two ways. Firstly by using the font size tool buttons located at the top of the page. The second way to change the font size is by using your web browsers integrated text size controls. Web browsers all do this differently, but in general you should look at the options in the browser's 'View' menu, failing which, consult your browser's Help documentation. Here are some specific instructions for some of the more popular browsers.
This site has been carefully designed to comply with the latest legislation, which is concerned to ensure the accessibility of websites to as wide an audience as possible. Several enhancements are available to you to help you use the site. For instance, it's possible to increase (or even decrease) the size of all the text on the pages. You can do this one of two ways - either by using the font size tool in the top right of each page's right column, or by using the font size controls integrated in your web browser.
- Internet Explorer (all Windows versions): Go to the 'View' menu, 'Text Size', and select your desired setting. The default is medium. Alternatively, if you have a mouse with a wheel you can hold the CTRL key on your keyboard whilst scrolling up or down with the wheel to alter the text size.
- Internet Explorer 5.1 (Mac): Go to the View menu and use the 'Text Zoom' feature.
- Apple Safari: Go the 'View' menu and use the 'Make Text Bigger' and 'Make Text Smaller' menu items. Alternatively you can use the option key with + or - to increase or decrease the text size.
- Netscape 7 + (Mac and PC): Go to the 'View' menu and use the 'Text Zoom' feature to change text size. Alternatively you can use the CTRL key with the plus or minus to increase or decrease the size.
- Mozilla (i.e. Firebird / Firefox / Camino, Mac and PC): Go to the 'View' menu and either click the 'Increase Text Size' or 'Decrease Text Size' menu items, or alternatively you can use the CTRL key with the plus or minus to increase or decrease the size.
Firefox 2.x now uses 'ALT' + 'SHIFT' + accesskey
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key.
The top level pages on this site can be reached useing the following access keys:
- S - Skip navigation
- 1 - Home page
- 2 - What's new
- 3 - Site map
- 4 - Search
- 5 - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 6 - Help
- 7 - Complaints procedure
- 8 - Terms and conditions
- 9 - Feedback form
- 0 - Access key details
It is designed as far as possible to conform to WAI priority 2 guidelines though in some cases the site exceeds WAI priority 2 standards
This site has been tested on the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8. Many people have this on their Windows-based PCs already. If you don't have Internet Explorer, or if you have a version earlier than version 6, you should consider obtaining one of the Mozilla browsers (see below) instead, because they are small and quick to download.
- Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox - all available at http://www.mozilla.org/
- Netscape 7 or 8 (in Internet Explorer or Firefox rendering mode)
- Opera 8 or above
If you have an older browser it is recommended that you upgrade your browser to view this site in its best intended form.