Useful information for, and about, city farms and community gardens in Northern England:
- Find gardens and farms in your local area via our interactive map or our search page.
- Get details of events by viewing the news & updates section below.
- Download a copy of FCFCG's North East and North West maps, plus other useful publications.
- See the bottom of this page for contact details of the FCFCG staff team in Northern England.
Get updates about community growing in Northern England, plus lots more interesting information, via FCFCG's social media:
Northern England News
News of interest to community gardens in Northern England, including training and networking events.
- Get voting! FCFCG members in North England need your vote
- Outdoor community cooking and foraging workshop - Bill Quay Farm, Tyne and Wear, 23 October
- Together We Can volunteering partnership research published
- FCFCG explores plans for mobile city farm in Hull
- New short video about Tameside Hyde Park Orchard
- Bradford-based city farm gets funding boost
Community Green Space Awards Project
Community gardeners and the social housing sector have the opportunity to get support and training to developing thriving community gardens across Greater Manchester, as part of a new pilot project. The initiative is a partnership between the Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens (FCFCG), Keep Britain Tidy and the National Housing Federation.
The aim is to help local growing groups access tools, training and visits to successful sites. This will help build the group's capacity and confidence of participating communities in managing their own green spaces.
News Update: Community Award Gathering, Thursday 26th June 2014 at Hulme Community Garden Centre. Click on this link for more details.
Hands on for Habitat Heroes
Hands on for Habitat Heroes was a partnership in 2013 between the Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens, the North Region of the Co-operative Membership and host farms and gardens. Inspired by the Habitat Heroes programme on Co-operative Farms, it provided an opportunity for Co-operative members and the wider community to get involved.
The aim was to work together to improve habitats for protected and endangered species.
Northern England Publications
True Value Research: A research study carried out across Cumbria and North East England highlighting the true value of city farms and community gardens. Go to the True Value Research page of this website to download the full research document (which may be handy for funding bids) and a more colourful summary document.
Northern England maps: FCFCG has published two colourful maps for the region, showing the location of city farms and community gardens in the North East and North West. You can download the maps as pdf documents by clicking on the links below:
Northern England Funding
Funding opportunities for community gardens in Northern England. Includes long term funding and grants schemes.
We also provide regular e-bulletins with funding information to our members.
Northern England Contacts
Mick Marston, Northern England Development Co-ordinator
21 Beech Grove, Blackhall Mill, Newcastle upon Tyne NE17 7TD
Tel: 01207 562 317
Fax: 01207 561 317
Raichael Lock, Community Award Coordinator (Green Flag, Greater Manchester)
Tel: 0161 275 9725