South West England
Here you can find lots of useful information for, and about, city farms and community gardens in South West England. You can:
- Find gardens and farms in your local area via our interactive map or our search page.
- Find details of events by viewing the news and updates section below.
- Download a copy of the FCFCG Bristol map and other useful publications.
- See the bottom of this page for contact details of the FCFCG staff team in the South West.
Get updates about community growing in South West England, plus lots more interesting information, via FCFCG's social media:
South West News
Regularly updated with news of interest to city farms and community gardens in South West England, plus details of training and networking events.
- £500 grants from Skipton Building Society
- FCFCG delivers pilot Gardeniser course
- Catch Shaun the Sheep 'Primrose' at St Werburghs City Farm, Bristol
- Bath City Farm celebrates 20th anniversary
- Garden Organic Master Composter training available, Gloucestershire
- Thrifty Gardening Booklet available for free
- Toolkits for Community Growers
South West Publications
FCFCG has produced a colourful map for the Bristol area, giving details of city farms and community gardens. You can download a pdf document version by clicking on the links below:
South West Partnerships
Growing Food and Composting
This three year project, previously known as the Cornwall Community Food and Composting Project, was funded by the Big Lottery Fund's Local Food Scheme and was a partnership between FCFCG and Cornwall Neighbourhoods for Change. It broke down food growing and composting into easy and practical steps by supporting people to grow food and compost at home in containers or in their gardens. It also supported six groups setting up their own community garden project, with the aim of making fresh, organic produce more easily accessible to people throughout Cornwall.
South West Contacts
We are currently without a South West England Development Co-ordinator. In the interim, please contact Ian Egginton-Metters, FCFCG Assistant Chief Executive, at the Greenhouse on:
Tel: 0117 923 1800
The Greenhouse, Hereford Street, Bristol, BS3 4NA