Tyfu Pobl: Supporting Communities to Grow
This programme delivers and facilitates the exchange of knowledge and good practice within the community growing sector. The aim is to achieve this through five key activities:
- Advice, support and signposting delivered by a Development Manager and four regional development workers based in offices across Wales. Community Enterprise and Funding Co-ordinators provide advice and guidance to community growing schemes to aid their long term financial sustainability.
- Regional networking seminars across Wales, enabling staff, trustees and volunteers involved in community growing schemes to come together to exchange information, provide mutual support and share good practice.
- Training events disseminate specialist knowledge on specific areas, ensuring that projects being developed by communities are sustainable, inclusive and properly governed.
- Travel bursary programme, which supports FCFCG’s ‘Seeing is Believing’ ethos, enabling community groups to visit more established projects.
- Publications and information resources, including a leaflet providing information on the programme and what support is available, and a community growing resource pack.
For more information about the current work of the Tyfu Pobl programme, go to the Tyfu Pobl blog.