Tyfu Pobl: Supporting Communities to Grow
This programme aims to deliver and facilitate the exchange of knowledge and good practice within the community growing sector. The aim is to achieve this through five key activities:
- Advice, support and signposting delivered by a Development Manager four regional development workers based in new offices across Wales. A new Community Enterprise and Funding Co-ordinator will provide advice and guidance to community growing schemes to aid their long term financial sustainability.
- Regional networking seminars across Wales, will enable staff, trustees and volunteers involved in community growing schemes to come together to exchange information, provide mutual support and share good practice.
- Training events will disseminate specialist knowledge on specific areas, ensuring that projects being developed by communities are sustainable, inclusive and properly governed.
- Travel bursary programme, which will support FCFCG’s ‘Seeing is Believing’ ethos, enabling community groups to visit more established projects.
- Publications and information resources, including a leaflet providing information on the programme and what support is available, and a community growing resource pack.
For more information about the current work of the Tyfu Pobl programme, go to the Tyfu Pobl blog.