Care Farming UK (which has developed out of the former National Care Farming Initiative) was created to promote the concept and effectiveness of care farming and to co-ordinate, support and resource the work of individuals, businesses and charities already working in this area. Care Farming UK wants to provide a voice and supportive services for care farmers, to inspire decision makers and to develop policies and actions that will support care farming in the UK. Its vision is to see thriving farms and landscapes providing social, educational, therapeutic and development opportunities.
You can now join Care Farming UK as a paid member (open to anyone who supports the work of Care Farming UK). You will will receive a great range of additional benefits, have the opportunity to engage in developing services, and help support this expanding movement.
What is Care Farming?
- Combining care of the land with care of people, in a setting where they feel safe, respected and engaged in meaningful activity.
- Using commercial farms, woodlands and market gardens as a base for promoting mental and physical health through normal farming activity.
- A partnership between farmers, participants and health & social care agencies, that develops people's potential rather than focusing on their limitations.
- Participants: They often experience improvements to their physical, mental and spiritual health and well-being.
- Farmers: A high value is placed on their knowledge and skills. They gain great satisfaction from helping people improve their lives through farming.
- Rural communities and economies: Care helps rural communities become more socially, economically and environmentally sustainable.
More information is available from www.carefarminguk.org