A day to share information and explore the possibilities to access and secure land for sustainable community growing.
Run by Growing Together In partnership with the Community Land Advisory Service, Scotland (CLAS)
Where: Central Edinburgh (venue tbc)
When: Wednesday 7th December 2016, 10am - 3.00pm
Cost £20 including lunch and refreshments.
Free places for new groups or groups not generating income. Click pay later then email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm
Who should come?
- Aspiring community growers trying to obtain a site
- Existing growing groups looking to expand or add sites
- improve security of tenure age, or need to relocate
- Landowners who want to engage sustainably with the local community
- Networks that support local growers.
The programme will include speakers, workshop and networking, focussing on the following topics.
Who Owns the Land?
- About the Public Registers of land ownership
- Practicalities and costs of searching
- Looking to the future
The Current Scene in Scotland
- Community Empowerment Act
- Land Reform
- Other policies that support community growing [food health]
- Table discussion on opportunities
Introduction to Securing the Land
- What suits your organisation?
- Other Options?
What support is available?
- Community Shares
- Scottish Land Fund
- Growing Together
Places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
43-45 High Street
Event terms and conditions