Delivered by an experienced psychotherapist and trainer, this session will help anyone involved in community growing think abut how they deal with challenging behaviour if and when it arises.
This session will explore our own resilience when working with other people, and develop practical strategies for working with mental health, stress, conflict and other factors that can be challenging to our day-to-day work.
This workshop is suitable for anyone working within a community growing setting, and particularly people responsible for supporting volunteers.
Where: The Green Backyard, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
When: Wednesday 4th September 2019, 10 am - 4 pm
During the session we will cover:
- Mental health, stress, trauma and burn-out
- Professional boundaries
- Communication methods
- Signposting and referrals
- Cultivating resilience for ourselves and our team
- A simple lunch and refreshments will be provided. Please advise us of any dietary requirements on booking.
- Mains electricity is not available at this site, and there is some uneven ground. Please advise us of any access requirements on the booking form, or contact us to discuss further.
- This event is for representatives from SF&G members only. Membership is open to any organisation that provides benefits to individuals/communities by engaging them in meaningful land-based activities (such as community managed gardens and farms, or care farms). Membership is free – it’s quick and easy to join here and there are lots of other membership benefits including product discounts. Not sure whether your organisation is already a member? Please contact us to find out.
- Places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
This training is offered in partnership with Dobies (https://www.dobies.co.uk/) who, as well as offering discounts on their products are sponsoring a year’s worth of vital training for members of Social Farms & Gardens. This training will support members to grow a healthy community garden and a healthy organisation.
|Social Farms & Gardens Member||£ 20.00|
Event terms and conditions