Scotswood Natural Community Garden Ltd
Home of the Drift Permaculture Project this unique community garden has beautiful ponds, native woodland, living willow arch pathways, forest gardens with an abundance of fruit, a sensory garden with solar powered fountain and a number of sculptures. Open to all - schools, groups, children, families and volunteers. Year round activities, festivals and events take place. Please see website for dates of activities.
Mon-Fri 10am - 4pm.
By Bus: 30,31 or 38 from central station to Whickham View (ask for the John Marley Centre). The bus stops just after the John Marley Centre (which will be on your left). Walk through the main entrance into the reception and straight out the back. You will find the garden and our office on the left hand side.
By Car: From the A1.1. Turn off the A69/A186 junction (signposted Hexham/City (West))
2. At the roundabout take the city (West) exit onto the West Road (A186) towards Newcastle City Centre.
3. Turn right at the first roundabout onto Denton Road (A191)
4. Turn left at the first roundabout onto Whickham View (B1311)
5. Take first right into Yewcroft Avenue.
6. Take first left into Norland Road.
7. The back entrance to the John Marley Centre is ahead.
8. Our office is the first building on the right through the gates and the garden is behind this.
From Newcastle City Centre.
1. Take the West Road (A186) out of town towards the A1 and Hexham.
2. Turn left at the last roundabout before the A1 onto Denton Burn (A191).
3. Follow from step 4 above.