This event, led by Cultivate London, will deliver bespoke training for community growers on running an apprenticeship programme on your site.
Although our focus will be on apprenticeships, the day is suitable for anyone looking to improve career development opportunities for themselves or others in the community growing sector.
- Gain an overview of different kinds of apprenticeships and the opportunities, costs and admin involved.
- Gain insight into the ‘journey’ for apprentices, potential apprentices, and managers.
- Consider the best approach for your organisation. For example, recruiting apprentices, facilitating apprenticeships for current staff, or simply expanding staff development options.
- Develop ways to approach delivery partners such as colleges and developers, and manage the partnership.
- Generally, consider how community garden and city farm organisations can work together to develop staff and volunteers.
- And hear about Cultivate London’s commercial / community business model and The Power of Horticulture to Support and Sustain Communities.
Cost: £20 per individual from an SF&G member organisation including lunch.
- If you are not sure whether your organisation is a current member of SF&G or would like to join so that you can access places on this event please email: email@example.com
- If the cost would stop you taking part please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Places are limited. If this course if full and you are interested in a course like this please email: email@example.com