Some city farms and community gardens earn £6-30k a year in unrestricted income hosting paying volunteers from corporate businesses. At this workshop we will share insights on how this is done.
The focus will be on how to run a fun, safe, income-generating day. We will also touch on how you can nurture ongoing relationships with businesses and how we can all share resources to increase our capacity.
This event is for staff, volunteers and trustees of London community gardens and city/care farms who want to develop their offer and engage local and national businesses. It is suitable for all levels of experience. It is led by Clare Hawkins, CEO of Stepney City Farm, and Gus Alston, CEO of Kentish Town City Farm.
- Hear 'how we do it' from farms, gardens and corporates
- Develop your offer of tasks and activities
- Develop a toolkit to manage a paid volunteering day e.g. risk assessment and pricing structure
- Gain confidence in communicating your value
- Gain confidence in facilitating a fun day
Fees: £20 per organisation and includes lunch. We recommend that two people from your organisation take part to help embed the learning.
The main day is 9:30-4:30, with a social until 5:30