Training the Trainer - Leading Wellbeing Gardening workshops for people with English as an additional language
Day 1: Friday 19th, 9.30 - 4.30 at Mudchute City Farm
Day 2: Friday 26th, 9:30 - 4:30 at Stepney City Farm
We are running two day training opportunity for people who want to become workshop leaders in gardening for wellbeing, leading workshops in a language other than English. You do not need gardening experience, just enthusiasm to become a workshop leader supporting people to improve their wellbeing through simple gardening activities and time spent in green spaces.
The training is free for individuals and unfunded groups, but if you are coming on behalf of a funded organisation we would appreciate a donation of £100 to Women's Environmental Network who are delivering the two days of training.
We are especially keen to recruit people for this course who speak Bengali, Chinese languages, Somali and British Sign Language. Other commonly spoken languages include French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, German, Russian, Arabic, Turkish, Lithuanian, Greek, Urdu, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Swedish, Hindi, Bulgarian, Japanese, and Sign languages. We welcome applications from anyone who is a confident speaker of any language other than English!
Please express your interest in the training by Monday 15th July at 12 noon. To do this please contact Mandy at WEN saying:
- Why you are interested in taking the course.
- Whether you have any experience in leading workshops, groups, or classes of any kind (this does not need to be garden related).
- What your experience in gardening/ working in green spaces is (this is not necessary to be accepted to the course, we’d just like to know where you’re starting from).
- Any experience you have in supporting people with mental or physical health issues.
- What languages you speak/sign.
- The area that you live.