Care farming is the therapeutic use of farming practices
- Deliver health, social or specialist educational care services for individuals from one or a range of vulnerable groups of people.
- Provide a programme of farming-related activities for individuals with a defined need
- Provide supervised, structured, bespoke care services on a regular basis for service users
- Are commissioned to provide services by a range of referral agencies
- Deliver services for adults, young people and children
We have developed some useful resources (films, leaflets, case studies etc.) to explain more about care farming - please see links below.
What is care farming? - A short film
Care farming - leaflet
A downloadable leaflet is available here
Scale of care farming in the UK - reports and overviews
Regular snapshots of the care farming sector since 2007 here
Care farming case studies
Care farming case studies - from care farms and commissioners are available here
An overview of care farming
Principles of care farming
A short film and a presentation covering care farming origins, where it fits within green care, working with service users, referrals and more about how care farming works
What is care farming? - A narrated presentation
Please let us know what you think about the contents of this webpage by completing our short feedback survey below - Many thanks!