Community Supported Agriculture Trainee
Location: Cae Tan CSA, South Wales
Cae Tan Community Supported Agriculture is based on the Gower Peninsula, South Wales. Please look at our website & watch the 9 minute film there as it explains our work in detail: www.caetancsa.org
We are seeking a hard working person to join our team for the 2020 season from 1st April to 31st October.
What we can offer you:
- Accommodation near to the field & shared with a European Volunteers
- £50 per week living expenses
- As much fresh veg as you can eat
- Support in your work with us to learn the ropes of how to grow a CSA
The work will involve:
- Day to day sowing, planting, weeding, harvesting, packing organic / biodynamic produce
- Working some days on our salad project supplying local businesses
- Working alongside staff & volunteers
- Working with our educational officer within our sustainable schools project
- 4 days per week 9 – 5 with occasional weekend watering
- The opportunity to learn about machinery use
What we would like from you:
- Motivation to learn about sustainable growing & community development
- Willingness to work hard in all weathers
- Adaptability & willingness to work & get along with a lot of different people
To apply for this position please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please also answer the following questions:
- Why do you want this position?
- What are your long-term goals in sustainable farming?
- What relevant experiences & aspects of your character will you bring with you?
If you have any questions please call Tom on 07791 696 848.
Closing date: 19th January 2020.
We will invite those selected in January to come for an interview, but if you would like to visit us in the meantime, please get in touch.