Fundraising & Partnerships Officer
Location: Mudchute Park & Farm, London E14 3HP
Set in 32 acres of countryside in the heart of East London, the Mudchute is a community charity with a working farm, stables, a children’s nursery and a wide range of education activities. We are open every day, free of charge and employ over 40 staff engaged in a range of activities such as a highly regarded children’s nursery, extensive education programmes, a horse-riding centre and the park and farm.
We have consistently and carefully grown since our establishment in the 1970s, despite limited public funding. The generosity of funders and volunteers from trusts, corporations and individuals over the years has helped tremendously in this.
We are now looking to appoint someone to lead this area and be responsible for the structure and implementation of a comprehensive programme covering our funders, individual members and institutional partners. With the unique proposition of the Mudchute, our strong existing partner relations and our strong potential, this is a great opportunity to help shape the future of the Mudchute.
The Development and Partnerships Officer will be responsible for the delivery of the overall fundraising and partnership strategy of the Mudchute. Key aspects of this will be:
- defining the near, medium and long term funding ambitions and priorities of the Mudchute
- keeping and building relations with existing partners
- systematically identifying potential new partners
- growing the Mudchute’s individual membership
- formulating and implementing a fundraising and partnership plan to deliver on the overall funding and partnership goals
The role will report directly to the Mudchute’s Director. The Mudchute is very much a hands-on, sleeves rolled up environment, and it’s important that you are a team player with a flexible approach. In addition to working with the management team and the trustee board in setting the overall strategy, you will be responsible for:
- maintaining databases of the fundraising priorities of the Mudchute; our partners, covering funders; volunteer partners and individual members
- setting, implementing and monitoring annual fundraising and partnership plans
- developing campaigns and promotional work to ensure the work of the Mudchute is effectively communicated
- being a key point of contact for existing and prospective funders and partners
- preparing general fundraising materials, as well as leading the preparation of fundraising and partnership proposals
Essential Skills and Experience:
You should be a motivated and energetic character who empathises with the charitable mission of the Mudchute, and will be excited at the prospect of being a key link between the Mudchute and our partners. You will be highly organised, with the ability to develop and manage relationships at all levels.
You will be numerate and have excellent writing skills, with strong attention to detail. You will be proficient at the main office IT applications, such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint. You will have at least two years’ experience of fundraising/partnerships, with demonstrable experience of working to, and meeting, targets in these areas.
To apply for this role please contact email@example.com for the application pack.
Closing date: 26th January 2019.