Can you help me with getting land for a care farm?

Land acquisition can differ from region to region depending on the policies of the Local Authority.

We understand that it can often be one of the first hurdles to overcome when trying to set up a care farm. You may wish to try working with a local farm and seeing if they can help.

The Community Land Advisory Service (CLAS) is a fantastic service to increase community access to land across the UK, particularly for green space activities.

Through CLAS, you can find information on finding, buying, offering and leasing of land. If you are wanting to acquire land another way, you may wish to contact your Local Authority for further advice. 

You can also contact your Regional Support Officer by emailing

Related articles

Can I make a decent living from care farming?

Income and finances are an important part of care farming but they are not the main motivation for becoming a care farmer. 

Is my farm still a care farm without any animals?

Care farms can be very different from each other and you don't have to have animals to be classed as a care farm. 

Is my farm already a care farm?

If you work with people with a defined need outdoors you may already be care farming. Find out what defines a care farm. 

Is there any funding for setting up a care farm?

Although there is no specific funding or setting up a care farm, find out how to access funds from different sources. 

What do I need to consider if I'm not a farmer?

If you're not a farmer there are a few things to think about before you get started with care farming. 

What do I need to consider if I'm a farmer?

If you're a farmer interested in care farming there are a few questions to ask before you start.