London Harvest Festival - Saturday 28th September 2019
In September we celebrated London’s outdoor heritage at the 21st London Harvest Festival. The festival was held at Woodlands Farm in Greenwich for the second time.
This year people enjoyed a variety of brilliant events including:
- Animal shows with donkeys, goats, cows, sheep, chickens, ducks, geese and other small critters
- Huge horticultural display with London produce ranging from miniature gardens to homemade honey to giant pumpkins
- Farm craft activities from spinning to pottery to creating your own metalwork in the forge
- Delicious local food and drink
- Stunning 89-acre working city farm and ancient woodland
Follow what happened:
London Harvest Festival Video
London Harvest Festival 2018
The 2018 Festival was the first to be held at Woodlands Farm in Greenwich. This was the 20th annual celebration of all the community growing and farming taking place across London, organised by the London City Farms and Community Gardens Association (LCFCGA) with support from the Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens (now called Social Farms & Gardens).
The event enables London’s city farms and community gardens to showcase their many community and educational services and achievements.
Click on the video above for some great action from the day, and see below for a small selection of images from the event: