The aims of St Giles Community Garden are to promote, encourage and assist members and residents of St Giles Parish with the cultivation and enjoyment of their community garden by:
- The planning and developing an Incredible Edible Community Garden
- Improving the grounds surrounding the Community Garden
- Supporting events at the Parish /Community Space
- Provision of educational opportunity for children at the St Giles schools
- Planning and organising occasional events to promote the community garden and the Village Hall/Community Space
- Provision of activities in St Giles Community Garden aimed at improving cohesion among the local community - age groups, individuals and families, improve mental health particularly for people living alone in the locality through a shared outdoor activity
- Working with other groups in the locality,
Facilities: Volunteering, Community space for hire, Picnic area, Wildlife area
Open to the public?No
Open to the public - details:
Behind Jubilee Halls on Lamb Gardens, a short walk from bus stops on Wragby Road or St Giles MacCaulay Drive.
Our monthly networking sessions are open to anyone involved in care farming and green care, regardless of where you live or what stage you're are at.
As it's not always possible to meet face-to-face at the moment, please do join us and say hello!
Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 09:00 to Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 17:00
CEVAS (Countryside Educational Visits Accreditation Scheme) is a nationally recognised accreditation. It offers training for individuals who are working – or plan to work – with groups of school children, young people or clients with additional...
Our online gatherings are an member benefit that take place on first Thursday of each month. The events are part of SF&G's commitment to support networking and improve practice across the sector. A member of SF&G staff will...
A major new report shows compelling evidence that the ‘green care’ offered by many Federation of City Farm and Community Gardens members can help people with mental ill-health and contributes to a reduction in levels of anxiety, stress and...
Social Farms & Gardens FIRST EVER #CityFarmDay on BBC Breakfast
This morning, Amber from Social Farms & Gardens featured on BBC Breakfast live from Vauxhall City Farm and chatted all...
With more and more people interested in and participating in food production, and with growing at home at an all-time high due to COVID-19, now is a great time for small horticultural businesses to expand their ventures.
To help grow smaller edible...
On Monday this week our very own SF&G Wales Manager Gary Mitchell (also of South and Mid Wales Cave Rescue Team, and Assistant Chair to the British Cave Rescue Council) was awarded a Royal Decoration of the Kingdom of Thailand...
Social Farms & Gardens have launched a £1.4 million project which aims to significantly increase the number of care farm places available each year.
Natural England hosted the launch of the Growing Care Farming project at the Royal Over-Seas...