Social Farms & Gardens is a UK wide charity supporting communities to farm, garden and grow together.
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Social Farms & Gardens collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about:
- Our member organisations and individuals related to our members, whether employees or volunteers
- Visitors to our website
- People who use our services, e.g. subscribe to our newsletter, request a publication or advice from us
- Event attendees
- Job applicants and our current and former employees.
The data controller is Social Farms & Gardens with its registration address at: The GreenHouse, Hereford Street, Bristol BS3 4NA. If you have any questions about this privacy statement or how and why we process personal data, please contact our Data Protection Team: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 0117 923 1800
What information do we collect about you?
The personal data we collect about you may vary depending on the service you request from us. As a minimum we will usually collect from you:
- your name
- your email address
For example, when you book a place for any of our events, courses or workshop we may collect your name and email address so that we can contact you in case of changes to the event. We may also email you with information about future similar events that may be of interest to you.
From time to time, depending on the service you require, we may also request the following additional information and use this in the following ways:
- Telephone number: When you book a place any of our events, courses or workshops we may collect your telephone number so that we can contact you in case of changes to the programme. If you contact us to ask us for advice or guidance we may collect your telephone number so that we can contact you in future.
- Payment Details: When you make a payment to the Social Farms & Gardens, we may collect payment information from you such as credit or debit card details or bank information for the purposes of taking payment.
- Mailing List: If you sign up to the Social Farms & Gardens Mailing List, we will use your personal information to provide you with Social Farms & Gardens news and information, and with opportunities to support the Social Farms & Gardens, in the format you have requested and in accordance with any preferences you have expressed.
- Other information we collect: If you correspond with us generally, for example to raise a query, comment or complaint about any of our services, we will also collect any other information you choose to send to us in that correspondence.
How do we use the information you provide?
Where you have disclosed your information to us, we use information:
- because it is necessary to administer the services you have requested from us and to fulfil our obligations to you in providing these services; or
- in order to pursue Social Farms & Gardens’ legitimate interests to inform you by email or other means of events or services run by us or third parties which we think may interest you.
- where we process your personal data on this basis, we will only do so where it does not prejudice your own privacy rights.
If you apply to work at Social Farms & Gardens, we will use the information you supply to us to process your application and to monitor recruitment statistics. We may disclose personal information to a third party, for example where we want to take up a reference or obtain a check from the Disclosure and Barring Service, and where appropriate we will let you know first.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- find out how we process your personal data;
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate;
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data;
- ask us not to process your personal data for our own marketing purposes;
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data; and
- obtain a copy of your personal information which we hold about you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request and will respond as soon as possible
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we have sent to you or by contacting us at: email@example.com
Disclosure of your information
The personal data you give the Social Farms & Gardens is held securely. SF&G will not sell your information to any third party. However, we may share your personal data with our third-party suppliers who provide services such as information technology, payment processing, and related infrastructure provision. Any of the companies that access your information while providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your information and keep to data-protection and privacy laws which apply. Our third-party suppliers are listed below, with links to their own privacy policies.
|Third party supplier||Type of activity||Link to privacy notice|
|Microsoft||Email and office systems||Microsoft|
|Circle Interactive||CiviCRM database for membership records (including integration with our online map), mailings and event registration||Circle Interactive|
|Survey Monkey||Online surveys||Survey Monkey|
|Google Classroom||Online training course management||Google Classroom|
|Quickbooks||Payments and donations||Quickbooks|
|Paypal||Payments and donations||Paypal|
|Just Giving||Donations||Just Giving|
We may also share your personal data with third parties if we are required to do so by law or contract, to respond to legal process, to protect our customers or staff, to protect lives, to complete a transaction, or to protect the rights or property of SF&G.
Visitors to our websites
|_ga||Boolean||2 Years||We use Google Analytics to provide information about how visitors use the site, in order to help improve user experience.|
|_gat||Numeric String||2 years||We use Google Analytics to provide information about how visitors use the site, in order to help improve user experience.|
Third party cookies
How to manage cookies