Please be aware that the Federation of City Farms and Community has now merged with Care Farming UK, to create a brand-new organisation - Social Farms & Gardens (SF&G). We have joined together so we can better support and represent the farmers, gardeners and growers who run life-changing projects in our urban and rural communities.
Social Farms & Gardens will continue to build on the work carried out by FCFCG and CFUK, representing and supporting the delivery of care services and community development through farming and gardening activities.
Membership is open to any organisation delivering nature-based activities that improve people's lives.
Please note: if you are individual who is interested in our work but not currently part of an organisation that is eligible to join SF&G as a member, please contact us to be added to our mailing list and kept up to date about our work.
Social Farms & Gardens will work to provide a strong voice for the sector by:
- Representing your interests to UK governments, funders and other key decision makers
- Spreading the word about the incredible work you do
- Influencing future policy so this has a positive impact on your work.
All our members benefit from this work – join us to help our voice become stronger.
Benefits of membership include:
- Advice, training and networking opportunities: Discounted attendance rates at our conferences, training and networking events. Access to SF&G grants and bursaries, when available, for networking events or travel to learn from other organisations (subject to funding). Advice from our experienced staff team and specialist volunteer advisors. Membership of our specialist networks. Apply to go through our ‘Code of Practice’ process (this service is currently for those who provide or are looking to provide care farming services in future and has an annual fee £60 - you can find out more here).
- Keeping you informed: Regular e-newsletters with updates, funding opportunities, news and networking. Regional/country-specific updates with information relevant to your location. Expert resources on our website to help you develop your work.
- Publicity and promotion: Be included on our on our online map of growers and farmers working to improve the lives and communities across the UK. We can advertise your jobs on our website (normal cost to non-members £49 per advert). Feature in our publications – we are always on the lookout for good member case studies demonstrating good practice to help inspire others to get growing.
- Membership discounts and offers: Discounts with a selection of suppliers on a variety of goods and services. Access to an insurance scheme providing public and volunteers liability cover. We also offer members discounts on SF&G services including feasibility studies, site design, community consultation, tailored training, facilitation, presentations and talks.
Membership is FREE!
We view membership as a partnership. Our combined experience, knowledge and skills are our greatest resource.
For this reason, the only condition of membership is that you complete an annual survey to check and update the information we hold about your organisation and the services it delivers. This information will be used to help us build an up to date picture of the benefits our membership collectively delivers and to lobby on behalf of the sector as a whole.