We provide a strong voice for the community-growing sector by:
- Representing your interests to UK governments, funders and other key decision makers
- Developing new funding streams for our members
- Influencing future policy that has a positive impact on your work.
All our members benefit from this work – join us to help our voice become stronger.
Other great benefits of membership include:
- Advice, training and networking opportunities: Discounted attendance rates at our training and networking events, travel bursaries to visit other groups (subject to funding), advice from our experienced staff team, and membership of FCFCG’s specialist networks.
- Keeping you informed: Growing Places Members' e-newsletter with updates, funding opportunities, news and networking. Regional/country-specific updates with information relevant to your location. Expert resources on our website to help you develop your project.
- Publicity and promotion: Be included on our online map of community growing sites with a profile giving details about your project. We can advertise your jobs on our website (normal cost to non-members £49 per advert). Feature in our publications – we are always on the lookout for good member case studies demonstrating good practice to help inspire others to get growing.
- Membership discounts and offers: Discounts with a selection of suppliers on a variety of goods and services, e.g. seeds, tools and access to a community gardens insurance scheme (public and volunteers liability cover). We also offer members discounts on FCFCG services including feasibility studies, site design, community consultation, tailored training, facilitation, presentations and talks.
Membership is FREE!
The only condition of membership is that you complete an annual survey to check and update the information we hold about your project and to confirm your continuing commitment to membership of FCFCG. This information will be used to help us build an up to date picture of the community growing movement and to lobby on behalf of the sector as a whole.