All about membership
Why become a member?
Social Farms & Gardens exists to support and represent the farmers, gardeners and growers who run life-changing projects in our urban and rural communities in the UK.
SF&G works to provide a strong voice for the sector by:
- Representing your interests to UK governments, funders and other key decision makers.
- Spreading the word about the incredible work you do.
- Influencing future policy so this has a positive impact on your work.
On top of this, membership includes:
• Monthly member gatherings (online) – An opportunity to meet, network and share experiences with other like-minded members across the UK.
• Discounted attendance rates at our conferences, training and other events.
• Access to SF&G grants and bursaries, when available, for networking events or travel to learn from other organisations (subject to funding).
• Advice from our experienced staff team and specialist volunteer advisors.
• Membership of our specialist networks.
• Eligible for free or discounted membership of NCVO.
• Apply for our ‘Green Care Quality Mark’.
• Discounted rate on our monthly resource roundup - the ultimate guide on the latest national funding and training opportunities in the sector.
• Have a say at our AGM.
• Regular regional e-newsletters to be the first to hear of our upcoming events, news and opportunities.
• Dedicated support with Crowdfunder campaigns.
• Discounted rates on insurance, and suppliers of a variety of goods and services. Find out more about current discounts and offers here.
• Advertising and promotion of job opportunities (costing £49 per advert to non-members).
Who can join?
Membership is open to any organisation delivering nature-based activities that improve people's lives. For example, the delivery of care services or community development through farming or gardening.
If you are an individual who is interested in our work but not currently part of an organisation that is eligible to join SF&G as a member, you can ask to be added to our mailing list and kept up to date about our work by completing this form.
How to join
This depends on where your organisation is based.
- In the UK or Republic of Ireland - use the 'Join Now' button at the bottom of this page.
- Outside the UK - please complete our application form for International membership.
Great, we'd like to join.. what else do we need to know?
We view membership as a partnership. Our combined experience, knowledge and skills are our greatest resource.
The only condition of ongoing membership is that you respond to our requests to check and update the information we hold about your organisation and the services it delivers. This information will be used to help us build an up to date picture of the benefits our membership collectively delivers and to lobby on behalf of the sector as a whole.