Dig 'n' Grow
We have a rolling programme of seasonal and purposeful client activities and our staff provide specific support that meets individual needs.
Sessions include: Planting & growing bulbs, flowers, veg or herbs; Sowing seeds, pricking out, potting on; Woodwork, willow weaving & crafts; Health walks & trips out; Seasonal celebrations; Watering, dead-heading, general plant care; Composting, weeding, pruning, digging; Soft wood, hard wood & root cuttings; Cooking garden produce.
We do a variety of activities all year round, even in the winter months, which include all aspects of gardening, as well as arts & crafts, woodwork, and general garden maintenance.
Our main objectives are:
* Provide enduring relationships with professionals
* Maintain a holistic approach
* Provide long-term intervention and therapeutic relationships
* Provide a safe, secure and sensory appropriate environment
* Build knowledge through purposeful and directed person-centred activities
* Provide time and space for both social inclusion and individual work as appropriate
* Focus on skills, aspirations and personal development
* Work with well trained, skilled professionals
The project is situated on the Bromag Industrial Estate in Witney; this is quite unique as many Horticultural therapy gardens are found in rural locations and in walled gardens. GPT inherited the site in May 2012 and set about designing and building the garden in order to turn it into a safe, welcoming, therapeutic space.