We want to provide opportunities for children and adults in vulnerable groups to enjoy working with different kinds of animals and to learn about farming and nature whilst benefiting from the powerful and positive effects of spending quality time in the outdoors. We aim to build confidence and to help people to become more connected with the natural environment, improving mental and physical well-being and developing skills and knowledge.
We have lots of different kinds of livestock at Corn Close:
- a flock of rare breed Grey Faced Dartmoor sheep
- a small herd of goats, including a Golden Guernsey nanny and a Cashmere billy
- two pigs - a Tamworth and a Mangalica
- four horses (including two rehomed from the RSPCA)
- hens - including rare breed silkies
- two farm cats
- a border collie sheep dog
Take the Low Wath Road from Pateley Bridge.
Continue until you reach Grange Lane and turn left.
Corn Close is immediately on your right hand side.