Sponsored by Dobies and delivered by the Kindling Trust, this session will help anyone involved in community growing sell the produce they grow.
Suitable for anyone working within a community growing setting, and particularly people responsible for generating income and/or growing and selling produce.
Where: Woodbank Community Food Hub, Stockport
When: Tuesday 10th September 2019, 10am - 4pm
During the session we will cover:
- Challenges and benefits of selling to the public for community groups
- Crop selection and quality
- Personal and food hygeine
- Marketing, presentation and promotion
- A simple lunch and refreshments will be provided. Please advise us of any dietary requirements on booking.
- This event is for representatives from SF&G members only. Membership is open to any organisation that provides benefits to individuals/communities by engaging them in meaningful land-based activities (such as community managed gardens and farms, or care farms). Membership is free – it’s quick and easy to join here and there are lots of other membership benefits including product discounts. Not sure whether your organisation is already a member? Please contact us to find out.
- Places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
This training is offered in partnership with Dobies (https://www.dobies.co.uk/) who, as well as offering discounts on their products are sponsoring a year’s worth of vital training for members of Social Farms & Gardens. This training will support members to grow a healthy community garden and a healthy organisation.
Woodbank Memorial Park
|Social Farms & Gardens Member||£ 20.00|
Event terms and conditions