GCF Online training - Developing Good Practice in care farming
Where: Online training course delivered by ThriveLearn, available at any time.
Who for: Propsective care farmers, new and existing care farmers, those wanting to develop and deliver care farming (green care) services
Cost: Free of charge (Funding for the GCF project has enabled us to offer this course at a subsidised rate)
More details: Care farming is the therapeutic use of farming practices - where service users regularly attend the care farm as part of a structured health of social care, rehabilitation or specialist education programme. The powerful mix of being in nature, being part of a group and taking part in meaningful farming related activities is what makes care farming so successful.
This course will give you a more detailed look at care farming, and developing good practice on your farm, whether you are new to care farming, or whether you have already set up your farming practice.
This is the second course in the online programme of training delivered as part of the Growing Care Farming Project by Thrive, and follows on from Starting with care farming. We recommend that unless you already have experience of running a care farm you should take the 'Starting with Care Farming' course first, as this offers a good introduction to care farming, before moving on to this 'Developing Good Practice in Care Farming' course.
On this course you will:
- Gain a basic knowledge of theories that support care farming and underpin Green Care
- Be able to identify the key components of good practice in care farming
- Understand how the key components work in practice in a care farming programme
- Have some knowledge about how to strengthen good practice in care farming
- Understand the importance of demonstrating your impact to stakeholders which include your service users, funders, commissioners as well as the people that work and volunteer with you.
Event terms and conditions