Cultivating Communities is a Community Interest Company, set up to provide extra income to support our charitable aims (it’s a separate legal entity, to make it clear that any trading is undertaken for community benefit).
The aims of the CIC are to:
- Develop new ways of working with government, local authorities and others.
- Strike up partnerships with other organisations – including our members - to secure procurement and other contracts
- Share information and advice with our members about income generation and social enterprise – based on the CIC’s own experience
- Diversify our income by widening trading activities.
Some ways we are using the CIC
- Communities Living Sustainably: In partnership with four other charitable organisations, we deliver support, advice and guidance to local community partnerships (funded through the Communities Living Sustainably programme).
- Feasibility studies and business planning: We offer support and expert guidance for local groups looking to take over a site for a new community managed garden or farm, or project development of an established group looking to diversify into new areas of activity.
For further information contact:
Ian Egginton-Metters via 0117 963 5210 or mobile: 07939 230053. Alternatively email: email@example.com