Cultivating Communities is a Community Interest Company, set up to provide extra income to support the Federation’s charitable aims (it’s a separate legal entity from FCFCG, to make it clear that any trading is undertaken for community benefit).
The aims of the CIC are to:
- Develop new ways of working with government, local authorities and others.
- Strike up partnerships with other organisations – including our members - to secure procurement and other contracts
- Share information and advice with FCFCG members about income generation and social enterprise – based on the CIC’s own experience
- Diversify FCFCG’s income by widening trading activities.
Some ways we are using the CIC
- Communities Living Sustainably: In partnership with four other charitable organisations, we deliver support, advice and guidance to local community partnerships (funded through the Communities Living Sustainably programme).
- Care Farming: This is the therapeutic use of farming practices and it is becoming very popular in the UK as more people recognise farms can provide social inclusion, education, rehabilitation, therapy and skills training for a range of disadvantaged or marginalised people. We provide website management and other services to Care Farming UK.
- Feasibility studies and business planning: We offer support and expert guidance for local groups looking to take over a site for a new community managed garden or farm, or project development of an established group looking to diversify into new areas of activity.
For further information contact:
Ian Egginton-Metters via 0117 963 5210 or mobile: 07939 230053. Alternatively email: email@example.com