Down to Earth Project
Centre for practical sustainability and natural building specialising in innovative and inspiring approaches and engaging the most hard to reach groups. Rare breed pigs are reared and vegetables grown on site.
By bus: No. 14 from Swansea
• (If you have come along the M4, take the exit at Junction 42)
• Head along Oystermouth Road (the main road which follows along Swansea Bay) towards Mumbles.
• Oystermouth Road merges into Mumbles Road (A4067).
• You will pass the University on your right.
• You will go straight through a major set of traffic lights.
• Make sure you are in the right hand lane.
• You will pass the Texaco petrol station on your left.
• Take the next right sign posted ‘Gower’ onto the Mayals Road (B4436).
• Keep going straight on this road and you will soon be on the Common.
• Keep going straight – this is still the B4436 but is known as ‘Northway’.
• Take a left on Murton Green Road sign posted ‘Murton’. (If you go past a small petrol station on
your right you have gone too far!)
• Take a left at the ‘T’ junction onto Manselfield Road towards Manselfield.
• The road narrows, go past a number of houses and you will see a grass verge on your right.
• At the grass verge, pull in to the track. (If you go past a BT Payphone on your right you have just gone past the grass verge).
• On the track, drive past the grass verge and turn right down the single lane track.
• Please drive slowly as this track is also a bridleway and footpath – for about 30 metres -and you’ll see our wooden gate and barn on the left side.
• If you’d rather not drive down a slightly bumpy track, please park up at the top around the grass verge and be careful to not block access.